F1

Hamilton pace will shock you – Button

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mclaren
    Participant

JB recently in a interview with German Media was quoted saying that once Lewis finds his feet at Mercedes, his pace will “will shock you all”. Now JB has first hand experience of how quick Lewis is, I mean weekends like Abu Dhabi, US GP etc last year, Lewis was a thick end of a second quicker than Jenson, and given JB is a world champion, this really emphasises his compatriot’s raw pace. I think its slightly worrying for Nico that Lewis is not comfortable in the WO4 and is still matching Nico, imagine when he is fully comfortable. The argument of who’s the “fastest” driver on the grid goes on, but I really want to see Vettel and Hamilton as team-mates.

Kingshark
    Participant

Jenson knows what he’s talking about when commenting on Lewis.

But Nico’s pace has and likely will continue to shock a few people too.

mnmracer
    Participant

Yeah, kuddo’s to JB for knowing Hamilton’s pace, but as he doesn’t know Rosberg’s pace, it doesn’t really say much. Let’s wait and see :)

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Looking at Canada, this may be a blueprint for Hamilton’s pace vs. Rosberg. As at Canada, the team were running Lewis’ brakes (Carbon Industries?), while previously the team were running Nico’s brakes (Brembo?). Personally, I don’t see why they just don’t run both if that puts both drivers at their optimum finding those last few tenths.

Funkyf1
    Participant

Nico has nothing to prove and everything to gain being alongside Hamilton. He’s already been told not to pass him once

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.