Formula 3.5 V8

Races 1&2: Monza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

The first practice session saw Carlos Sainz Jnr on top ahead of Marlon Stockinger and Zoel Amberg:

Bradley Downton
    Participant

With all these different Formula Renault 3.5 topics popping up, I can’t help but feel that a certain someone is quite excited about his alternative job this weekend, eh @keithcollantine? ;)

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Good pace from Sainz, a second clear of his team mate Nato.. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Some interesting results like Amberg but most of the pack behind look roughly in an order of pace..

Nick
    Participant

Nice to see Gasly in the Top 10, but this session has done little to easy my mind of Beitske Visser being out of depth..

SP
    Participant

Rumour has it Visser’s sponsors pushed her into this move, rather than competing in the 2-litre category where she was up front in testing.

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Good time for Stockinger too.

SP
    Participant

What I heard on the grapevine was that Visser’s sponsors pushed her into 3.5 rather than the 2-litre category (which she had topped testing in earlier this year).

Bullfrog
    Participant

Good thing there’s a “Car” column in the results…

@bradley Absolutely :-)

wsrgo
    Participant

Welcome back, Roberto Merhi. You belong in single seaters.

Nick
    Participant

Sorensen gets a grid penalty for his move, leading to his flip:

Stockinger overtook under SC and gets a time penalty.

@wsrgo Hear, hear – one of the stand-out performances of the race, I thought.

SP
    Participant

Unfortunately I don’t see Merhi getting an F1 role any time soon.

Giggsy11
    Participant

@keithcollantine some really nice insightful commentary today keith, keep it up

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@jb001 Makes sense. It would be better for her to front run in FR2.0 before stepping up, but that requires someone to commit to spending a few more hundred thousand pounds for another year of racing.

Impressed by the top 3.. Sainz just can’t catch a break. Missed the highlights (just).. BT need to step up and make it available on demand. TV channels can’t mainly run in an app in the age of on demand content..

Merhi needs to impress after his DTM outings.. that said I think Wickens or Vietoris could win the DTM yet Mercedes would still back Juncadella to drive the Force India FP1s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.