Formula Two

2014 GP2 Bahrain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jolyon Palmer and Stoffel Vandoorne share the front row of the grid for the first race of the year.

But Felipe Nasr has been moved back three places on the grid after the stewards ruled he “made an abnormal change of direction alongside another driver [Johnny Cecotto Jnr] whilst negotiating turn four”. He will start tomorrow’s feature race from 11th.

A much improved Daniel Abt will line up third ahead of Stephane Richelmi. Row three is Rio Haryanto and Stefano Coletti.

Mitch Evans starts seventh with Raffaele Marciello moving up to take the place of the penalised Nasr.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Can’t really blame them for penalising Nasr after he Cecotto-ed Cecotto.

Also a disappointing session from Rossi, will be interesting to see if he can move forwards tomorrow, Lancaster as well, especially after his testing pace, but then he still outclassed his teammate.

I for one was pleasantly surprised with Vandoorne’s pace. I wasn’t expecting much from him what with being new and other guys have better cars and more experience, but that was a fantastically solid effort.

Also a nod to Abt in third, Haryanto in fifth and Pic in tenth.

Aditya
    Participant

sort of surprised that Rossi had a slump session compared to Haryanto.
    lap time is already faster than testing, which is interesting.
    credits to Vandoorne for front row on debut, despite his mistake at final turn the other lap.

Miguel
    Participant

What a race! there were actions in all sites of the track. Firts pit stop after the Safety car was not the best strategy, Vandoorne looked very strong and some other drivers like Izawa, Pic and Binder showed me a great impression, maybe Trummer would have been more ahead with a more early pit stop. I remember that Russian Time had serious problems with the tyres degradation, If they continue in this way, I can’t imagine how it will be in Nurburgring and Hungaroring. In conclusion, GP2 will continue showing good races =)

spoutnik
    Participant

I’m so delighted Stoffel won, incredible race, perfect strategy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.